1994-06-26 - H.E.A.T. UPDATE

Header Data

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
To: Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: cab0d07bf17fc4fad04102b181ac39c86dc975a18a60ff58eaeb48a2907e1189
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9406261644.A1072-0100000@crl2.crl.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 26 Jun 94 16:31:56 PDT

Raw message

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 94 16:31:56 PDT
To: Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: H.E.A.T. UPDATE

C'punks,

"Acapulco H.E.A.T." was hip deep in crypto again this week.  This time
the Team was trying to bust *drug trafficers* (bad, bad drug lords).  For
some reason, my favorite character, "Cat" (Alison Armitage) got herself
into a school for women drug operative recruited by the trafficers.  We
got to see lots of scenes of Cat and other nubiles jogging, doing jumping
jacks, push ups and, best of all, shooting strange large caliber
automatic weapons.

The crypto part?  Oh, yeah, right.  Anyway, the trafficers (ex-KGB types)
were transmitting date, time and location information to associates in
Miami.  Communications was via a series of numbers read in the clear over
shortwave radio.  For some reason, the H.E.A.T. guys new that the "key"
was a ten-digit number that was the *same* every time!  Since the KGB guy
had once been busted by the CIA, H.E.A.T. finally guessed that the key
was the CIA's phone number.  No kidding.

There was some other minor computer stuff, but the important values were
preserved:  Alison and other babes did callisthenics, there was lots of gun
play and Fabio did *not* "act" in this episode.

Tune in next--same H.E.A.T.-time, same H.E.A.T.-channel--for the further
crypto adventures of "Acapulco H.E.A.T."

 S a n d y

Thread