1994-06-18 - Re: Perry vs. the Math Teacher

Header Data

From: Bradley C Wallet <bwallet@mason1.gmu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ce4ef2b646fbd1895a71d93efebe859432a6ceacd9ce209503825c70da813227
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9406172124.E513-0100000@mason1.gmu.edu>
Reply To: <940617183828g5fjgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-18 02:04:27 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 19:04:27 PDT

Raw message

From: Bradley C Wallet <bwallet@mason1.gmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 19:04:27 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Perry vs. the Math Teacher

>      Go figger. It's become a haven of learning, where the more learned
> teach those willing to learn, instead of the self-congratulatory elitist
> squad I was told it once was. That's why *I'm* here, to learn from those
> who know more than I do. I am VERY willing to learn what others have to
> teach. They know more than I do, and there's some very knowledgeable
> people here.
>
>      I've recieved some very nice replies to my earlier question about
> what O(f(x)) meant, including one from you, Mike McNally, Bill O'Hanlon,
> and Douglas Sinclair (thanx guys!! If anyone else sent anything, I haven't
> recieved it yet, but you do have my thanx, in advance!). This only proves
> that there are people who are only too willing to teach if someone shows
> they are willing to listen, and learn.

but, there is a basic level of competancy that must b assumed...the big O
is a basic undergrad concept...same for the MOD function...if u hope to
ever study a specialty field such as cryptology, u have 2 know the basics...

u should already know undergrad math if u r gonna look at crypto
algorithms...

brad

Thread