1994-06-08 - Re: Cyberspace is by nature crime-free

Header Data

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d60135754604bbdc31dccd84a30f5023f9e713ac416e21dd125fb281e7f7fee1
Message ID: <gate.R90LNc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 06:07:05 PDT

Raw message

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 06:07:05 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Cyberspace is by nature crime-free

f_griffith@ccsvax.sfasu.edu:

>A correction: there was no evidence that the cult in Waco was abusing
>children - that was government propaganda, part of its demonizing of
>them to justify its own atrocious actions.  The Texas welfare dept. had
>previously investigated such allegations of child abuse.

Though someone (Time?) published a child's description of the 'punishment
room,' that was not my contention. As the author had provided Waco as an
example of cult criminality, my response explained why, _assuming_ such a
cult _was_ indeed criminal, it's crimes would _in no way_ occur, or be
enhanced by, the usage of the Internet.

Any crime (apart from white collar financial fraud) has to occur in a physical
location, not in cyberspace...

Rishab

Thread