1994-06-14 - Re: How irritating are anon encrypted pgp messages

Header Data

From: Joseph Block <jpb@gate.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d925ae55b2d7a840eece612b60d0e6612254934c356b49b8b931967e9e96df2c
Message ID: <199406140125.VAA73124@inca.gate.net>
Reply To: <9406131527.AA07007@runner.utsa.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-14 01:26:08 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 18:26:08 PDT

Raw message

From: Joseph Block <jpb@gate.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 18:26:08 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: How irritating are anon encrypted pgp messages

Personally, I don't like them.  I can see that there are times when someone
would not want anyone to know what the recipient's email address is, but it is
just more noise to filter for everyone else.  I'm on several other mailing
lists, so I already filter through a couple of hundred messages a day.  What
makes it worse is that they are *all* downloaded to my Duo before filtration
begins.  The last thing I want is more disk space eaten up for off topic
messages, and I can't think anything more off topic than messages no one can
read.

Just my two cents worth.

jpb

Thread