1994-06-08 - Re: Crime and punishment in cyberspace - 1 of 3

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fe13e0348dd69f444e1137bb4165546ee9fcb1cc1db0138aa78a51f81b1d8d69
Message ID: <199406081651.JAA29344@netcom.com>
Reply To: <gate.9PemNc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-08 16:52:06 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 09:52:06 PDT

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 09:52:06 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Crime and punishment in cyberspace - 1 of 3

rishab@dxm.ernet.in writes
> Unless we want a totally "everyone for him/herself" society (which is
> contradictory - society is a framework or protocol by which individuals
> interact with each other), and become like Rwanda,

Rwanda was and is a police state.  If the revolutionaries win, as
seems likely, it will become a more law abiding police state.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our    |
property, because of the kind of animals that we |         James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from |
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.     |         jamesd@netcom.com

Thread