1994-07-22 - Re: “Key Escrow” — the very idea

Header Data

From: Berzerk <berzerk@xmission.xmission.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 022c22998cd1cb741c0368fc92609e6fbad7e82f4246a6756db9ddf5fdb68d30
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9407211908.A6907-0100000@xmission>
Reply To: <199407220113.VAA05344@zork.tiac.net>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-22 01:58:24 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 18:58:24 PDT

Raw message

From: Berzerk <berzerk@xmission.xmission.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 18:58:24 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: "Key Escrow" --- the very idea

On Thu, 21 Jul 1994, Robert Hettinga wrote:
> I'm a congenital republican.
Hmm, I hear medical science has tracked down the gene for that and will
have a cure soon.

I like crime, but believe that imoral behavior is wrong.  I believe you
can behave imoraly in cyberspace.

> I would like to propose, probably not the first time on this list, an
> acceptable, time-honored method of determining the contents of a secure
> conversation.  Snitches.
ABSOLUTELY!  The fact is if you can't get someone to snitch, IT IS NOT A
CRIME(moraly)!  I dare anyone to come up with a counterexample.

Berzerk.

Thread