1994-07-08 - Detwiler’s Crypto Mailing List

Header Data

From: sico@hacktic.nl (Sico)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 236ccd61c51ea8685d6598ca43bc333f658e9634f0936cad004f9eb0320ab57f
Message ID: <4879407072347@apsf.hacktic.nl>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1994-07-08 05:16:27 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Jul 94 22:16:27 PDT

Raw message

From: sico@hacktic.nl (Sico)
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 94 22:16:27 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com

Hello Graham,

Thursday July 07 1994 15:07, Graham Toal wrote:

 GT> : From: Peterwheat@aol.com

 GT> : I found this by doing a keyword search (cryptography) in America
 GT> Online's : database of mailing lists.  I thought it might be of interest
 GT> to the : cypherpunks mailing list:

 GT> Oh God :-(  Either Detweiler has got himself an AOL account or all AOL
 GT> people are as clueless as they're reputed to be...

Honestly, I wouldn't know. However, if you read FAQ's carefully as they are
posted to (amongst others) news.answers, there are some which mention CRAM, an
acronym used by Detweiler referring to a service he has for folks who don't
wish to be bothered to handle anything except the content of their FAQ.

In the blur with which those FAQ's end he always mentions his current email
address, and lately that has been tmp@netcom.com.

[rest deleted]

CU,  Sico (sico@hacktic.nl).

Thread