1994-07-27 - Re: CYPHERPUNKS TO THE RESCUE

Header Data

From: sidney@taurus.apple.com (Sidney Markowitz)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 301aa2697b9af179e757327bda7627ffcaed8d9e324f1bc7c40661ce048d7743
Message ID: <9407270002.AA09136@colossus.apple.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Jul 94 17:02:50 PDT

Raw message

From: sidney@taurus.apple.com (Sidney Markowitz)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 94 17:02:50 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: CYPHERPUNKS TO THE RESCUE

Jim_Miller@suite.com wrote:
>The major flaw I see in this scheme is that the "current family number" in
>the hand unit may become off frequently due to accidental button pushes.

I think that a practical scheme has to be able to work when the button on
the remote can be activated away from the garage door: What about kids
using the remote as a phaser while playing a game of Star Trek, showing off
your new cryptographic garage door remote to a friend, dropping a book on
top of the remote in the car, being a little too hasty and pressing the
button while still a few feet out of range of the garage door, a fidgety
passenger picking up the remote and playing with it while in the car, etc.?

 -- sidney <sidney@apple.com>

Thread