1994-07-06 - Copying electronic articles

Header Data

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 314c3ecfdb32a7d453ef5129a8844ec876595a70337e30bbdd160b9308092555
Message ID: <gate.wR02oc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
Raw Date: Wed, 6 Jul 94 07:03:26 PDT

Raw message

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 94 07:03:26 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Copying electronic articles

To make it simpler for those compiling/distributing material, like
Ray did for PC Expo, I usually attach this copyright notice to my articles:

--====(C) Copyright 1994 Rishab Aiyer Ghosh. All rights reserved====--
 This article may be redistributed in electronic form only, provided
 that the article and this notice remain intact. This article may not
 under any circumstances be redistributed in any non-electronic form,
 or redistributed in any form for compensation of any kind, without
prior written permission from Rishab Aiyer Ghosh (rishab@dxm.ernet.in)

As you can see, it makes it clear that you do _not_ have to ask my permission
to redistribute the articles as long as you follow the conditions. Of course,
I do like to know where it has appeared, and courtesy demands that you inform
me, but you don't _have_ to, and you can do it any time even after its usage.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
rishab@dxm.ernet.in                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA

Thread