1994-07-22 - Re: No more Cantwell amendment? was Re: Clipper Chip retreat

Header Data

From: merriman@metronet.com (David K. Merriman)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 51c29855dcbf5144f27d47a619f88a71e3f3dfe49776f3bf58ffa271bf017426
Message ID: <199407220008.AA26204@metronet.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 17:06:01 PDT

Raw message

From: merriman@metronet.com (David K. Merriman)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 17:06:01 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: No more Cantwell amendment? was Re: Clipper Chip retreat

>Now most of us have come to think of email as something in between paper
>and phone calls, but there is no legal precedent (To my knowledge). So I
>suppose the government could make that argument and defend it. But its
>really hard for me to imagine the government cracking down on somebody for
>posting source code via the internet. I'll test that when I'm ready for
>alpha though. Anybody know a constitutional lawyer interested in taking
>on a precedent setting case pro bono? :-/

Might check with EFF/ACLU/CPSR - *one* of them should be interested :-|

Dave Merriman
Wherever you go in Life - there you are!

Thread