1994-07-18 - Re: Encrypting fax machine

Header Data

From: Ben.Goren@asu.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 603854196860491c7ae3ccbe5f779b86967b2cf949d554d8afd71a61b804d6bf
Message ID: <aa5096b80302101e710e@[129.219.97.131]>
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Jul 94 13:54:51 PDT

Raw message

From: Ben.Goren@asu.edu
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 94 13:54:51 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Encrypting fax machine

At 6:07 AM 7/18/94, John Young wrote:
>[. . .]
>We use an encryption algorithm called seeded pseudo-random
>number generator, Mr. Varga said.  The company chose that
>algorithm because it is in the public domain, he added.

*Groan*

One would think that anybody who would go to the expense of designing an
encrypting FAX machine could at least afford to read the introduction to
any beginning crypto book.

Heck, I bet it's even the generator on page 46 of K&R's second edition C book.

b&

--
Ben.Goren@asu.edu, Arizona State University School of Music
 net.proselytizing (write for info): Protect your privacy; oppose Clipper.

Thread