1994-07-26 - Re: My anonymous remailer

Header Data

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6238d58209adaace0d085fc7f5297e5e7a1b0f51ae9f880696be98cff31fd4cb
Message ID: <199407261054.LAA16232@an-teallach.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Jul 94 03:55:13 PDT

Raw message

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 94 03:55:13 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: My anonymous remailer

: From: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>

: service it's hard to know what features to provide.  In particular, if
: cleartext output is prevented, how much does that impair the usefulness of
: the network?  My instinct is that it hurts a lot, although it would be nice
: for the operators since it would eliminate most sources of complaints.

I said in my previous post that that wasn't what I had meant, but thinking
about it, it's worth considering.  After all, if anyone really missed
the functionality of anon posting to news, people could set up news
gateways that accepted encrypted articles for posting, decrypted them,
and injected them.  Again, whoever did that would be taking direct
responsibility for what was injected, and it would cleanly decouple
the posting function from the anon remail function for those who didn't
want to do both.