1994-07-27 - Re: us.* heiarchy–scary

Header Data

From: “L. Todd Masco” <cactus@bb.com>
To: N/A
Message Hash: 77c9737dec339def2c115575bf9fcea8f1eb6a1c4bac4d8819dad48a0a4ccd5b
Message ID: <199407272135.RAA02390@bb.com>
Reply To: <9407271446.AA13029@vendela.ma.utexas.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-27 21:32:41 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Jul 94 14:32:41 PDT

Raw message

From: "L. Todd Masco" <cactus@bb.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 94 14:32:41 PDT
Subject: Re: us.* heiarchy--scary

From: d9bertil@dtek.chalmers.se (Bertil Jonell):
>  They, and I'm talking of a cabal of seven persons calling themselves
>the "US Hierarchy Coordinating Committee" out of a net population of
>twenty million, want to sneak through severe changes in the newgroup
>creation procedures that would put them in absolute command of the us.*
>hierarchy.

Whoever wrote this is a moron who doesn't understand the newsgroup
 creation process.  (Do I?  I'm a UVV member.)

David Lawrence, one of the US Hierarchy Coordinating Committe, already
 has absolute control over newsgroup creation as the moderator of
 news.announce.newgroups.  He occasionally uses it to stop brain-damaged
 proposals from going through.

USEnet is not a democracy, and it never has been.  Followups to
 news-newusers-questions@uunet.uu.net, please.  This has no c'punk
 content, except the desire to head off a stupid thread.

Thread