1994-07-14 - Re: (None)

Header Data

From: Rick Busdiecker <rfb@lehman.com>
To: jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us
Message Hash: 9258bdeda37b2415c0de4375c71c4b61f5e7985c4630bf783f6a657938470199
Message ID: <9407141735.AA11602@fnord.lehman.com>
Reply To: <940713233138W2Wjgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-14 17:35:46 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 10:35:46 PDT

Raw message

From: Rick Busdiecker <rfb@lehman.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 10:35:46 PDT
To: jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us
Subject: Re: (None)

    From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
    Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 23:31:38 EST

         OTOH, we owe it to him to respect his opinion. If he didn't have the
    guts to create the tool, this conversation would be moot. I say that we
    should respect his wishes, and not bastardize PGP, if only not to
    discourage other people to write "risky" software

Definitely.  While I don't believe that Phil has legal grounds to make
Tom stop bastardizing PGP, I think that he has every right to protect
his reputation and proclaim loudly that he considers Tom's
modifications snake oil, etc.

I suspect that most people would respect Phil's wishes in this area,
but the cat's out of the bag as far as legally enforcing those wishes.

			Rick

Thread