1994-07-17 - Re: Card Playing Protocol

Header Data

From: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
To: kentborg@world.std.com (Kent Borg)
Message Hash: 9c8cf7846ffc19a4121ff5509506706a9631e17ac50083a6362690663e6f5d45
Message ID: <9407171443.AA15381@prism.poly.edu>
Reply To: <199407170638.AA01093@world.std.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-17 14:56:04 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Jul 94 07:56:04 PDT

Raw message

From: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 94 07:56:04 PDT
To: kentborg@world.std.com (Kent Borg)
Subject: Re: Card Playing Protocol

I remember my crypto professor going over this as part of the last week of our
crypto class.  Somehow, there was a snag using RSA, and if I remember correctly
he used a model where both sides share the same N value.  He ran across some
P and Q prime values where this didn't work, but with a shared modulus for
both players, it did work.

Bruce Schneier's book didn't mention this snag, so either that was an error,
or there's something else we overlooked durring the simulation.  (This was a
blackboard simulation, not a computer simulation, but it failed with some
small numners... :-)

Anyway, you can ask him about it, his address is rvslyke@prism.poly.edu

Thread