1994-07-19 - Detweiler: other lives

Header Data

From: mspellman@cix.compulink.co.uk (Martin Spellman)
To: mspellman@cix.compulink.co.uk
Message Hash: 9d0fdb0c9e712fc29d004cc2b5709fa5745b9b87036711a7b47dff5f3a424296
Message ID: <memo.699442@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 10:41:46 PDT

Raw message

From: mspellman@cix.compulink.co.uk (Martin Spellman)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 94 10:41:46 PDT
To: mspellman@cix.compulink.co.uk
Subject: Detweiler: other lives

To:Cypherpunks@toad.com

Robert Hettinga  (rah@shipwright.com) asked:
> On the other hand, how old is this guy? 12? I mean what do we really
> knowabout him? Do these archives have anything on him besides his spam
> and theresultant fusilades?  Has anyone actually met him? Not that I'd
> like to, Iguess...
>
> I'm curious about this guy for no legitmate reason. He just seems
> bright,and he must have done some crypto once. He is listed as a
> contributor on mycopy MacPGP, for instance, and before he started
> spamming it, his posts toimp-interest could make sense on occasion.

It may (or may not) be of interest but Larry Detweiler is keeper of the
Internet Writer Resource Guide - the FAQ on writing groups.
There was also a minor character called Lord Detweiler in a Jack Vance
story.alt.netloons.pita anyone?

Martin Spellman

<mspellman@cix.compulink.co.uk>

Thread