1994-07-28 - RE: Questions about Microsoft and Software Key Escrow

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c94eb389c57166256ca33e2ab56f1513410e90eb9517556b450dd10c5ac9b380
Message ID: <199407281651.MAA18069@pipe1.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Jul 94 09:51:55 PDT

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 94 09:51:55 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: Questions about Microsoft and Software Key Escrow

Responding to msg by Jacob.Levy@Eng.Sun.COM (Jacob Levy) on
Thu, 28 Jul  7:53 AM

>Blanc
>
>I respect your feelings on the matter and your ability
>to think clearly and  with great foresight also :-),
>but for this list it would probably be much  more
>useful if we got some _OFFICIAL_ answer from Microsoft
>instead of your  "I believe, I cannot think, can't
>see", etc. etc. You're obviously a  concerned
>individual but you equally obviously don't claim to
>speak for  Microsoft.
>
>--JYL

Would it not be fair to ask that all the parties earlier listed
by Tim --  Microsoft, Sun, Apple, IBM and others -- be asked
for an official statement of their positions on SKE?

Even so, will this produce credible statements?

What if confidentiality or secrecy agreements are already in
place?

Disinformation needs cryptanalysis, no?

John

Thread