1994-07-08 - Request: tamper-proofing executables

Header Data

From: Dan Marner <dmarner@mis.nu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d6bddd91296fe422ea73055eaeff4c46509c5f635f5412522111f840b790c0db
Message ID: <9407081655.AA29629@mis.nu.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 09:55:56 PDT

Raw message

From: Dan Marner <dmarner@mis.nu.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 09:55:56 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Request: tamper-proofing executables

   I would appreciate any pointers to documents, source code or
programs that deal with using cryptographic techniques to detect
or prevent modification of executable code. I am looking for
something that uses either a signature or a one-way hash to detect
modifications at run time.
   Of particular interest is information on signing a file that
includes the signature as part of the file. Is this possible with
any of the common algorithms?
                                       Thanks! Dan
--
Dan Marner                             dmarner@mis.nu.edu