1994-07-23 - Re: Anti-Clipper Article in “THe Computer Applications Journal”

Header Data

From: Arsen Ray Arachelian <rarachel@prism.poly.edu>
To: smb@research.att.com
Message Hash: dc0bb45dc132d70bae5f481620f4a87c6b59763540b4c8ce821e34d92efa9794
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.9407230144.A11719-a100000@prism.poly.edu>
Reply To: <9407191113.AA09296@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-23 05:21:32 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 22:21:32 PDT

Raw message

From: Arsen Ray Arachelian <rarachel@prism.poly.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 22:21:32 PDT
To: smb@research.att.com
Subject: Re: Anti-Clipper Article in "THe Computer Applications Journal"

On Tue, 19 Jul 1994 smb@research.att.com wrote:

> Might I suggest that this is not the right newsgroup for anti-Clipper
> articles?  I've never seen *any* Cypherpunk defend it; what's the
> point?  Preaching to the choir?  Repeat doses of brainwashing?

Not at all.  Keep in mind that newbies join this list often enough to
warrant such information being readily available to them.  Also, not
everyone is elequent in their attacks against CLIPPER, ITAR, DT2, etc.
Such articles provide well needed analogies and situation examples for
common use.  No cypherpunk should be without such resources.  Just because
you find it superflous doesn't mean others won't find it interesting
and/or useful.  I personally didn't find any >NEW< information, but that
doesn't make for a needless post.

Thread