1994-07-01 - Re: What motivates crypto-folk?

Header Data

From: Dave Otto <dave@marvin.jta.edd.ca.gov>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ddb4b50514b592c168b444057faa729fe33985257d83b5621265d989994ef17c
Message ID: <9407012028.AA28690@marvin.jta.edd.ca.gov>
Reply To: <199407011938.MAA24868@netcom13.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-01 20:30:00 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 1 Jul 94 13:30:00 PDT

Raw message

From: Dave Otto <dave@marvin.jta.edd.ca.gov>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 94 13:30:00 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: What motivates crypto-folk?

on Fri, 01 Jul 1994 12:38:40 -0700 (PDT)  tcmay@netcom.com wrote:
> I'm also tired of them, and I don't spam folks who are liberals or
> leftists. I've generally found that people's political views are
> formed when they are of college age, and rarely change significantly
> after that. Not sure why this is so, but I think it is.

I'd like to think that MY political beliefs have changed significantly since
"college age."  Although it is possibly true that it takes a major change in
your life to change your politics.  My views shifted sharply right with
the birth of my first kid.  They shifted (up? sideways?) towards
Libertarianism several years ago when government interference caused me to
become unemployed.  That trend continues the longer I spend on the net.
It really *IS* the only answer :-)

       Dave Otto -- dave@marvin.jta.edd.ca.gov -- daveotto@acm.org
   "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"     [the Great Oz]
          finger DaveOtto@ACM.org for PGP 2.6 key  <0x3300e841>
     fingerprint =  78 71 3A 5B FD 8A 9A F1  8F BC E8 6A C7 BD A4 DD

Thread