1994-07-28 - Re: Catch-22

Header Data

From: paul@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com (Paul Ferguson)
To: trollins@debbie.telos.com (Tom Rollins)
Message Hash: e57db71fbb794afe05f7339a86fa0bb653c92e8397e2ec876d2f1a5c11bc93a6
Message ID: <9407290021.AA11261@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com>
Reply To: <9407282220.AA19733@debbie.telos.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-28 23:19:01 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Jul 94 16:19:01 PDT

Raw message

From: paul@hawksbill.sprintmrn.com (Paul Ferguson)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 94 16:19:01 PDT
To: trollins@debbie.telos.com (Tom Rollins)
Subject: Re: Catch-22

>     United States Department of State
>     Bureau of Politico-Militart Affairs
>     Office of Defence Trade Controls
>
> So, it came to their attention that I need to pony up $250
> in order to "register" with said office.  Problem is they
> want proof of my business in order to register. But, I don't
> have a business.  What is it then.
>
>     1 - I have to register because I modify code and handed
>         it out for free.
>     2 - I Don't have to register because I don't have a business.
>     3 - I have to register and form a business.

You lucky guy.

I'd suggest talking with someone who _has_ had to report to one said
offices in the past and enlist their suggestions, perhaps Grady Ward.

- paul

Thread