1994-07-05 - BoardWatch & DigiCash.

Header Data

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f247560569970bd96def826f3f92e996927a1d24dae4901fcf53984df9bd21f7
Message ID: <940705162833U2zjgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Raw Date: Tue, 5 Jul 94 14:50:32 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 94 14:50:32 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: BoardWatch & DigiCash.

Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org> writes:

> See current (July 1994) _BoardWatch_, pp. 60-63.  There's an article on an
> e-money scheme called NetCash.  Unfortunately it is utterly stupid, but
> BW is giving it a semi-endorsement.
     That says as much for BW as it does for NetCash. I've read a few
issues of BW, and have found it to be about as useless as most of the
Ziff-Davis publications. Anyone care to suggest a magazine (or other form
of trade rag) that gives unbiased information (or at least as close as
possible)? Z-D lost my subscription to both PC Mag and PC Computing, for
different reasons. The one overriding factor in both, though, was the
Party Line approach to reporting.

                                        --Jeff

PS:  Yeah, I know... It's more than a tad off-topic, so please feel free
     to reply by email.

Thread