1994-08-02 - Re: Children and the Net

Header Data

From: “L. Todd Masco” <cactus@bb.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 285fe0e453d26efc8080c3980427000bc5fea5152dae9f6891e1a7d2f0b68e9d
Message ID: <199408021705.NAA22137@bb.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Aug 94 10:02:49 PDT

Raw message

From: "L. Todd Masco" <cactus@bb.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 94 10:02:49 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Children and the Net

Am I the only one that's struck by the similarity between the propaganda
 about the Waco massacre and the propaganda preceding the Persion Gulf
 massacre?

[For those who don't know, a good deal of the stories about Iraqi
 attrocities were totally manufactured.  Read "Second Front" (author
 last name "Truman", I believe) for an account from a reporter's
 perspective of how the Pentagon manipluated stories and therefore
 public opionion]
--
L. Todd Masco  |  Bibliobytes books on computer, on any UNIX host with e-mail
cactus@bb.com  | "Information wants to be free, but authors want to be paid."

[Not obviously C'punk related, but it really is: we must understand the
 propaganda machine that the US government has working for it if we
 hope to oppose them successfully on crypto issues]

Thread