1994-08-31 - Re: OFFSHORE DIGITAL BANKS

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: “Claborne, Chris” <claborne@microcosm.sandiegoca.ncr.com>
Message Hash: 33ec838705aa4fb34de47b1fea88843833c07dc138e8f5da83583329d8bfb3b2
Message ID: <9408310025.AA14411@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <2E6381C9@microcosm.SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-31 00:25:54 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 30 Aug 94 17:25:54 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 94 17:25:54 PDT
To: "Claborne, Chris" <claborne@microcosm.sandiegoca.ncr.com>
Subject: Re: OFFSHORE DIGITAL BANKS

"Claborne, Chris" says:
>    If I my e-note instructed the bank to deposit some funds into a numbered
> account of my supplier, then I have no proof that that transaction was
> actually going to supplier X.

You have proof that you sent funds to the stated account. Presumably,
if you are sufficiently interested, you would have a contract with
your vendor, signed by them, stating that they wanted to be paid that
way. If for some reason that was not possible or insufficient, you
could use a mutually selected agent and an excrow account of some
sort.

Perry

Thread