1994-08-04 - Re: CIA eating internet email & usenet news

Header Data

From: Brian Lane <blane@squeaky.free.org.free.org>
To: Arsen Ray Arachelian <rarachel@prism.poly.edu>
Message Hash: 4abe054b61ef2f8ada181ff7442b31a416f5d8a9bbfbc7b3566b316a29aacd50
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9408032328.B20824-0100000@squeaky.free.org.free.org>
Reply To: <Pine.3.05.9408040036.A8416-b100000@prism.poly.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-04 04:53:34 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 3 Aug 94 21:53:34 PDT

Raw message

From: Brian Lane <blane@squeaky.free.org.free.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 94 21:53:34 PDT
To: Arsen Ray Arachelian <rarachel@prism.poly.edu>
Subject: Re: CIA eating internet email & usenet news

On Thu, 4 Aug 1994, Arsen Ray Arachelian wrote:

> It's started.  The >CIA< (nevermind that we suspect the NSA has done this
> already) admitedly is starting an internet site(s) where they will monitor
> email and usenet feeds.  Supposedly this is for "reasearch" purposes where
> agents would "post" questions in such a way as to not give away their real
> questions.
>
> See this week's Computerworld.  Anyone have a scanner they can post this
> article up with?  I'm not up to typing it...

  What do you mean by email monitoring, their own or ours? Maybe we
should bombard them with encrypted copies of the Digital Telephony bill?

   Brian

    Linux :  The choice of a GNU generation    |  finger blane@free.org
    witty comments pending                     |  for PGP key and subLit