1994-08-28 - Re: Golbal Econ.

Header Data

From: p.v.mcmahon.rea0803@oasis.icl.co.uk
To: hart@chaos.bsu.edu
Message Hash: 4bfb071d1c71fd98d2dfd7ae8a272ee7b943d8dcbc03f01c9bc7c47a503dc931
Message ID: <9408282110.AA18575@getafix.oasis.icl.co.uk>
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 14:09:20 PDT

Raw message

From: p.v.mcmahon.rea0803@oasis.icl.co.uk
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 14:09:20 PDT
To: hart@chaos.bsu.edu
Subject: Re: Golbal Econ.

> > All payment mechanisms require a basis of trust - so
> > that the seller knows s/he will get paid .

> The above bank/vendor/customer/mix scenario seems the
> simplest to start out with on the Internet at this time.

Indeed. But what I have still not seen in this thread is an articulation
of a business case for existing financial institutions to support
the putative [on|off]-line payment mechanisms - in particular as an
alternative to charge/credit cards for one-off transactions.

- pvm

Thread