1994-08-09 - No more NSA supra-computer?

Header Data

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 773bfb6856693a9c65707ccb219143e0fbe3e6ce549fa0b161b41cf130e002b8
Message ID: <940809174148S3cjgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Aug 94 15:36:51 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 94 15:36:51 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No more NSA supra-computer?

Ben.Goren@asu.edu writes:

> Anybody know what happened to this machine? Did they lose funding? Decide
> it's not worth it? Is there some sort of subterfuge involved?
Hmmm:

"Dear Sir;
     Here at the NSA, we take National Security very seriously. Persuant
to USC 422.932(b), we can pluck out your fingernails for releasing
information about our computer resources. Please remove all information
and references to and about the National Security Agency from your
listing.

               Sincerely,
                    Sue D. Nym, Agent at Large"

True, this is an OBVIOUS spoof, but the point is still there....

                                   --jeff

Thread