1994-08-28 - Re: DigiCash ???

Header Data

From: Jason W Solinsky <solman@MIT.EDU>
To: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
Message Hash: 8e5ac290781d58b5cf1c95570e9318cb94f1ee28d574ce85694f9fb507483aad
Message ID: <9408281521.AA13945@ua.MIT.EDU>
Reply To: <199408281436.JAA26470@zoom.bga.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-28 15:22:01 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 08:22:01 PDT

Raw message

From: Jason W Solinsky <solman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 08:22:01 PDT
To: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
Subject: Re: DigiCash ???

> Hi all,
>
> I would like somebody to explain how I would  go about using an anonymous
> digicash system to buy a automobile?
>
> Just for arguments sake lets say I want to buy a new  Ford Mustang GT from
> the local dealer and desire that nobody at the dealer has any idea who I
> am or where I come from.

You hire an anonymous reshiper... no different from an anonymous remailer
only you can't use an automated program (yet :) and its damn difficult to
avoid traffic analysis. Assuming that nobody has decided to follow the car
or put a locater in it, your anonymity is ultimatelly ensured by the fact
that the last reshiper in your chain doesn't know whether or not you are
also a reshipper or the new owner. I actually think that given the
impossibility of avoiding traffic analysis, the most sensible solution is
to find somebody that you absolutely trust to buy the car and give it to
you without adding additional stages.

JWS

Thread