1994-08-28 - Re: Zimmermann/NSA debate postponed

Header Data

From: Carl Ellison <cme@tis.com>
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Message Hash: a92e752f5650c549de01680d191d1a18825e87b7759462c54ed92b0567ee374e
Message ID: <9408280813.AA04248@tis.com>
Reply To: <199408240048.RAA19300@netcom16.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-28 08:15:45 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 01:15:45 PDT

Raw message

From: Carl Ellison <cme@tis.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 01:15:45 PDT
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Zimmermann/NSA debate postponed

>From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
>Subject: Re: Zimmermann/NSA debate postponed
>Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 17:48:30 -0700 (PDT)

>Huh? Phil almost _never_ signs his messages, and has talked about how
>difficult it is to go through the rigamarole of signing,
>authenticating, etc.
>

>(I sympathize with him, and I intensely dislike getting PGP-encrypted
>messages, decrypting them, only to find a banal message that wasn't
>worth the effort.)

There is a lesson here.

Getting the BBEDIT extensions which do PGP and the emacs mailcrypt
functions made PGP almost convenient enough for me to use it without
grumbling about the trivial message enclosed.

Isn't it time for cypherpunks-who-write-code to respond to this obvious
customer need?

I have no mailer myself but I do have a friend who produces one and I'm
helping him to incorporate PGP seamlessly.  It's taking a long time but it
should be worth it.

Anyone else out there with their own mailer?

 - Carl

Thread