1994-08-27 - Re: Online cash, Internet, Pizza Hut

Header Data

From: Dr. D.C. Williams <dcwill@ee.unr.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c8c7660f9399d1c93b6013b48c71e3001021a4b5aacbeb50d34e9389870a1643
Message ID: <9408270135.AA11547@solstice>
Reply To: <199408270119.UAA13479@zoom.bga.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-27 01:38:12 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 26 Aug 94 18:38:12 PDT

Raw message

From: Dr. D.C. Williams <dcwill@ee.unr.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 94 18:38:12 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Online cash, Internet, Pizza Hut

> Has anyone got any idea how Pizza Hut is handling their new real-time online
> pizza ordering service? As I understand it you can now order pizza over the
> internet if you are in the right locations.

I heard that they take orders at a central location, then a human phones
the PH closest to the customer and relays the order verbally. From my
experiences with PH, "real-time" to them is sometime that week.

It's just a high-tech way to have some low-paid drone screw up your
pizza order for you. More road kill on the ISH . . . thin crust, please.

=D.C. Williams	<dcwill@ee.unr.edu>

Thread