1994-08-21 - Re: Voluntary Governments?

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c91224a67fa539af3f70294d6fb76fb0ff044ca312a17cc0d87bddf96cedac26
Message ID: <199408211433.KAA18485@pipe1.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 21 Aug 94 07:33:33 PDT

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 94 07:33:33 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Voluntary Governments?

Responding to msg by solman@MIT.EDU (Jason W Solinsky) on Sun,
21 Aug  4:48 AM

Jason,

There's a thread on the (legal) list Cyberia-L  about the
privacy of government information and how to legislate the
rising demand for this data (and parallel 'Net info).

The initial post of the thread is e-mailed your way.

Behold the legal mill of a "nation of laws" finely grinding an
issue.  Nitty-gritty skill.

The apparatus to legislate, arbitrate and enforce laws of
"voluntary government" will probably require as many
bureaucrats, attorneys and LEAs as the present system unless
there is a reduction in our dependence upon governments of all
sorts.

But, as Jim Dixon says, the blame-government adrenalin high is
uniformly distributed.

Something like the DOD's military conversion fund might be
needed to cure our addiction to government and help us get used
to the pastoral bovinity of voluntary associations.

John

Thread