1994-08-15 - Re: Tommy Tag Lines

Header Data

From: Ben.Goren@asu.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ce315fe3e626e7bdc35a62550010a34cd6ba842727a01c6b983ed6947dc03322
Message ID: <aa75565100021024a3d7@[129.219.97.131]>
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 10:29:12 PDT

Raw message

From: Ben.Goren@asu.edu
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 10:29:12 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Tommy Tag Lines

At 11:26 PM 8/14/94, Timothy C. May wrote:
>Ben, ix-nay on the omb-bay talk! I asked you not to discuss these
>things on open channels.
>[. . .]

Ah, but that's the beauty of it. Who would believe that we're actually
doing anything? Better yet, what jury would now believe that all those
messages that the NSA has gotten via Tempest from us were anything but
elaborate NSA fodder? (I *knew* I should have bought that Faraday cage!)

Seriously, though, what with the simplicity of communicating in a very
secure manner on the 'net--whether that means PGP or old-fashioned code
(Aunt Sally's not feeling all that well, but the postcard you sent really
cheered her up. Are we still on for coffee and bagles at ten on
Saturday?)--it makes one wonder just what the NSA is trying to monitor, and
what they hope to accomplish by it.

>--My name is May, _Tim_ May

b& (special agent 004)

--
Ben.Goren@asu.edu, Arizona State University School of Music
 net.proselytizing (write for info): The battle is over; Clipper is

Thread