1994-08-10 - anonymous settlement

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d67a9de5af828379f708c22ff086ef5537406f7ab2be4ac09027157453c80f3e
Message ID: <9408102324.AA25933@ah.com>
Reply To: <4902@aiki.demon.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-10 23:52:51 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 16:52:51 PDT

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 16:52:51 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: anonymous settlement

   >  Also, for anonymous
   > payment for such overseas services, anonymous transfer in at least one
   > of the two currencies is necessary.

   The last point is certainly not true.  If user X communicates with
   service A (a gateway) in one country to purchase something from
   service B in another country, X can settle accounts with A anonymously
   (say in US$) and then A and B can settle accounts with one another
   (say in sterling) openly.

May I point out that that in your example that X and A are performing
an anonymous transfer in dollars, which is one of the two currencies?

Eric

Thread