1994-08-27 - Perl interface to GNU MultiPrecision lib

Header Data

From: “Rick H. Wesson” <wessorh@ar.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: dfc09783fdd59b036530fedd8fb25bfc0ad179bc04acf91bd5f9da8320e39371
Message ID: <199408271812.LAA22287@ar.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Aug 94 11:13:08 PDT

Raw message

From: "Rick H. Wesson" <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 94 11:13:08 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Perl interface to GNU MultiPrecision lib

I'm putting the finishing touches on the perl <--> gnu (gmp) multi
precision package. If any are interested in the source drop me a note
and I'll fire off the source to you... I'm not going to implement the
lowlevel functions or the Berkeley compatability routines, this is just the
integer functions...

While playing with this stuff I was wondering if transfering binaries in
base 36 would offer any compression/mime enableing features, It was the
first time I'd seen something in base 36. Allong these lines would
base(ASCII) do me a bit of good? guess I've just had too much coffee...

It's not too bad on the preformance thing and looks great for prototypeing
some of these protocols that call for big int's.

At anyrate I should expect my first version ready for public consumption
on monday or tuesday if any are interested....

-Rick

Thread