1994-08-12 - Re: e$

Header Data

From: jdd@aiki.demon.co.uk (Jim Dixon)
To: sglass@netcom.com
Message Hash: f25d306696366203119e08ae56a899b23e3ddf5bdebdf3f97f79733cd11d8396
Message ID: <5442@aiki.demon.co.uk>
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Aug 94 06:30:45 PDT

Raw message

From: jdd@aiki.demon.co.uk (Jim Dixon)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 94 06:30:45 PDT
To: sglass@netcom.com
Subject: Re: e$

In message <199408111921.MAA08505@netcom7.netcom.com> Sheldon Glass writes:
> | > Plonk.
> |
> | A reply showing true intelligence.
>
> I saw it differently.  To me, the plonk was the sound of your wadded up
> email hitting the bottom of the trash can.  An entirely deserved
> destination, in my opinion.  If you really believe in the sanctity of
> govenrment and in the intelligence and integrity of the government
> employees, then you're so far out of phase that discussion is pointless.

I believe that government employees are drawn from the general population
and the distributions of their attributes are roughly the same as those
of the general population.  'Sanctity of government' is not a phrase or
concept that I introduced.

> Government's fucked, as are it's employees.  It's axiomatic.

Fanaticism and other types of inflexibility and to be found among
government employees, among the general population, and in fact among
most groups of any size.
--
Jim Dixon

Thread