1994-08-29 - Re: Announcing Bellcore’s Trusted Software Integrity (Betsi) System

Header Data

From: Brad Huntting <huntting@glarp.com>
To: “L. Todd Masco” <cactus@bibliob.slip.netcom.com>
Message Hash: f2ad656383b4aa35a6ad79d550bc31e9894a5f40b7cf505ad6deb47e1c809f8e
Message ID: <199408292304.RAA22130@misc.glarp.com>
Reply To: <199408292212.SAA08717@bb.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-29 23:07:28 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Aug 94 16:07:28 PDT

Raw message

From: Brad Huntting <huntting@glarp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 94 16:07:28 PDT
To: "L. Todd Masco" <cactus@bibliob.slip.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Announcing Bellcore's Trusted Software Integrity (Betsi) System

> Certainly not enough to justify the rest: Can you name one example of an
>  author of a package including some virus?  Not someone putting one
>  post-production (individual signing will prevent that), but the original
>  author?

Many Mac viruses that I've seen come straight from Microsoft neatly
sealed in plastic on brand new disks.  If they signed them it would
not increase my confidence one iota.

brad

Thread