1994-08-09 - Re: Problem in draft FIPS `CRYPTOGRAPHIC SERVICE CALLS’

Header Data

From: p.v.mcmahon.rea0803@oasis.icl.co.uk
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f6aed18d2dee1f9b5d94733309226e7680721990a72f1577155c95f13b1dae9d
Message ID: <9408091650.AA17029@getafix.oasis.icl.co.uk>
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Aug 94 09:50:07 PDT

Raw message

From: p.v.mcmahon.rea0803@oasis.icl.co.uk
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 94 09:50:07 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Problem in draft FIPS `CRYPTOGRAPHIC SERVICE CALLS'

>         someone please post to me the original "Problem in draft FIPS
>         `CRYPTOGRAPHIC SERVICE CALLS'" item? (my server was down at the

Thanks very much. I now have the mail.

>     2.  NIST have proposed the draft FIPS to a number of standards
>         development organisations - including X/Open and POSIX - and I
>         know that Microsoft have reviewed it, so it will likely influence
>         interfaces to commercially available cryptographic software and
>         devices.
>         If there is anybody with interest in crypto APIs on this list,
>         then your informed comments on this NIST proposal, or other
>         candidates (which I could make available if the level of interest
>         warranted it), or alternatives, would be useful and timely.

My interest in this is that I am chair of the X/Open security working group
defining a industry consensus specification for which the draft FIPS is one
of the inputs, along with other inputs from RSADSI (via Sun), IBM, HP,
Olivetti, SESAME etc.

Piers

Thread