1994-09-06 - Re: How Did This Get Done?

Header Data

From: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>
To: samman@CS.YALE.EDU
Message Hash: 07797fd6978fb740fc52ac5fa79fe4d61c1ace07edd33cb3261d40bdac37cdb0
Message ID: <199409061809.LAA08142@servo.qualcomm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.07.9409061325.D8583-a100000@jaguar.zoo.cs.yale.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-06 18:08:41 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 11:08:41 PDT

Raw message

From: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 11:08:41 PDT
To: samman@CS.YALE.EDU
Subject: Re: How Did This Get Done?

>That's one of the ways, some stupid fool got caught mailing a death threat
>to the president using forged mail from 'never.gonna.catch.me.org'

Another way that people often let themselves be caught is that they
inevitably send a test message to themselves right before the forged
message in question. This shows up clearly in the sending system's
sendmail logs. It's a point to consider with remailer chains too,
if you don't trust the last machine on the chain.

Phil

Thread