1994-09-18 - terrorist FORTRESS SLEUTH remailers & FORTRESS lists

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0cf00556a65fb20e463efcf87b9140ba7e6ed252276f027b01e7c0958246e61d
Message ID: <9409180057.AA13016@ah.com>
Reply To: <9409180039.AA08411@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-18 01:36:07 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 17 Sep 94 18:36:07 PDT

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 94 18:36:07 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: terrorist FORTRESS SLEUTH remailers & FORTRESS lists

      We are in a time window now. In a few years at most, remailers &
   lists like Cypherpunks & newsgroups like Sci.crypt may be outlawed.

Outlawed where?  In every jurisdiction in the world?

I would prefer to deal with this situation when it appears likely to
happen and concentrate on achievable results now.  Focusing on the
harder problems of greater repression will prevent useful progress
from being made.

Eric

Thread