1994-09-07 - AIDs testing and privacy

Header Data

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4a6f20ca5d6f0f0463530acd5bd7e6cf82c86dc00f1e814995083b2ee5821ef2
Message ID: <940906231828N1Jjgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Raw Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 20:50:45 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 20:50:45 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: AIDs testing and privacy

pstemari@bismark.cbis.com (Paul J. Ste. Marie) writes:

> Of course, with ANI, calling an 800 number is not an anonymous act,
> unless you one of the few that know you need to do it from a payphone.
     We tell children not to do things until they are old enough to be
able to figure it out for themselves. If they cared enough about their
privacy, they'd know. Hell, there's alot I don't know about maintaining
privacy and security. However, I _do_ know that calling from a pay phone
outside of 5 miles from your house is an easy way to take care of the
problem.

                                              --J

Thread