1994-09-16 - Re: Wiretap Emergency; House E-Mail addresses

Header Data

From: “Rick H. Wesson” <wessorh@ar.com>
To: wessorh@ar.com
Message Hash: 4dfd39b5bbbaf0dad82d06f8792a32f7d76a0caa060167071fa1f2daac52ed36
Message ID: <199409160427.VAA21105@ar.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 21:29:47 PDT

Raw message

From: "Rick H. Wesson" <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 21:29:47 PDT
To: wessorh@ar.com
Subject: Re: Wiretap Emergency; House E-Mail addresses

           UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
              CONSTITUENT ELECTRONIC MAIL SYSTEM

        We welcome your inquiry to the House of Representatives
Constituent Electronic Mail System.  Currently, fortythree Members of
the U.S. House of Representatives have been assigned public electronic
mailboxes that may be accessed by their constituents.  The nature and
character of the incoming electronic mail has demonstrated that this
capability will be an invaluable source of information on constituent
opinion.  We are now in the process of expanding the project to other
Members of Congress, as technical, budgetary and staffing constraints
allow.

        A number of House committees have also been assigned public
electronic mailboxes.  The names and electronic mailbox addresses of
these committees are listed below after the information about
participating Representatives.

        Please review the list of participating Representatives below,
and if the Congressional District in which you reside is listed, follow
the instructions below to begin communicating by electronic mail with
your Representative.  If your Representative is not yet on-line, please
be patient.

        U.S. REPRESENTATIVES PARTICIPATING IN THE CONSTITUENT
                       ELECTRONIC MAIL SYSTEM.

Hon. Thomas E. Andrews
1st Congressional District, Maine
Rm. 1530 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
TANDREWS@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Joe Barton
6th Congressional District, Texas
Rm. 1514 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
BARTON06@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Sherwood Boehlert
23rd Congressional District, New York
Rm. 1127 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
BOEHLERT@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Dave Camp
4th Congressional District, Michigan
Rm. 137 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
DAVECAMP@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Maria Cantwell
1st Congressional District, Washington
Rm. 1520 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
CANTWELL@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. John Conyers, Jr.
14th Congressional District, Michigan
Rm. 2426 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
JCONYERS@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Sam Coppersmith
1st Congressional District, Arizona
1607 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
SAMAZ01@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Peter Defazio
4th Congressional District, Oregon
1233 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
PDEFAZIO@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Peter Deutsch
20th Congressional District, Florida
Rm. 425 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
PDEUTSCH@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Jay Dickey
4th Congressional District, Arkansas
Rm. 1338 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
JDICKEY@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Vernon Ehlers
3rd Congressional District, Michigan
Rm. 1526 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
CONGEHLR@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Anna Eshoo
14th Congressional District, California
Rm. 1505 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
ANNAGRAM@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Elizabeth Furse
1st Congressional District, Oregon
Rm. 316 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
FURSEOR1@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Sam Gejdenson
2nd Congressional District, Connecticut
Rm. 2416 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
BOZRAH@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Newton Gingrich
6th Congressional District, Georgia
Rm. 2428 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
GEORGIA6@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Bob Goodlatte
6th Congressional District, Virginia
Rm. 214 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
TALK2BOB@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Rod Grams
6th Congressional District, Minnesota
Rm. 1713 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
RODGRAMS@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Dan Hamburg
1st Congressional District, California
Rm. 114 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
HAMBURG@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Dennis Hastert
14th Congressional District, Illinois
Rm. 2453 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
DHASTERT@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Martin Hoke
2nd Congressional District, Ohio
Rm. 212 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
HOKEMAIL@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Ernest J. Istook, Jr.
5th Congressional District, Oklahoma
Rm. 1116 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
ISTOOK@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Sam Johnson
3rd Congressional District, Texas
Rm. 1030 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
SAMTX03@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Mike Kreidler
9th Congressional District, Washington
Rm. 1535 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
KREIDLER@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Tom Lantos
12th Congressional District, California
Rm. 2182 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
TALK2TOM@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Thomas Manton
7th Congressional District, New York
Rm. 203 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
TMANTON@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. George Miller
7th Congressional District, California
Rm. 2205 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
GEORGEM@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Ed Pastor
2nd Congressional District, Arizona
Rm. 408 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
EDPASTOR@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Bill Paxon
27th Congressional District, New York
Rm. 1314 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
BPAXON@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Owen Pickett
2nd Congressional District, Virginia
Rm. 2430 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
OPICKETT@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Earl Pomeroy
North Dakota, At Large
Rm. 318 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
EPOMEROY@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. David Price
4th Congressional District, North Carolina
Rm. 2458 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
PRICE@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Jim Ramstad
3rd Congressional District, Minnesota
Rm. 322 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
MN03@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Pat Roberts
1st Congressional District, Kansas
Rm. 1126 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
EMAILPAT@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Charlie Rose
7th Congressional District, North Carolina
Rm. 2230 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
CROSE@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Christopher Shays
4th Congressional District, Connecticut
Room 1034, Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
CSHAYS@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Karen Shepherd
2nd Congressional District, Utah
Rm. 414 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
SHEPHERD@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. David Skaggs
2nd Congressional District, Colorado
Rm. 1124 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
SKAGGS@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. 'Pete' Stark
13th Congressional District, California
Rm. 239 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
PETEMAIL@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Cliff Stearns
6th Congressional District, Florida
Rm. 332 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
CSTEARNS@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Charles Taylor
11th Congressional District, North Carolina
Rm. 516 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
CHTAYLOR@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Robert Walker
16th Congressional District, Pennsylvania
Rm. 2369 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
PA16@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Mel Watt
12th Congressional District, North Carolina
Rm. 1232 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
MELMAIL@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Hon. Dick Zimmer
12th Congressional District, New Jersey
Rm. 228 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
DZIMMER@HR.HOUSE.GOV

                    INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONSTITUENTS

     The list above includes the electronic mail addresses of members
who are participating in the program.  However, if your Representative
is taking part in the project, we request that you send a letter or
postcard by U.S. Mail to that Representative at the address listed above
with your name and internet address, followed by your postal
(geographical) address. The primary goal of this program is to allow
Members to better serve their CONSTITUENTS, and this postal contact is
the only sure method currently available of verifying that a user is a
resident of a particular congressional district.

        In addition, constituents who communicate with their
Representative by electronic mail should be aware that Members will
sometimes respond to their messages by way of the U.S. Postal Service.
This  method of reply will help to ensure confidentiality, a concern
that is of upmost importance to the House of Representatives.

        COMMITTEES OF THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES PARTICIPATING
                     IN THE ELECTRONIC MAIL SYSTEM.

Subcommittee on Labor-Management Relations
Committee on Education and Labor
Rm. 320 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
SLABMGNT@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Committee on Natural Resources
1324 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
NATRES@HR.HOUSE.GOV

Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
2320 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
HOUSESST@HR.HOUSE.GOV

COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS

        You can send comments about our service to the Constituent
Electronic Mail System Comment mailbox, at

        COMMENTS@HR.HOUSE.GOV

        We will make every effort to integrate suggestions into
forthcoming updates of our system.  Please note, that the intended
purpose of this mailbox is to support public inquiry about the
House Constituent Electronic Mail System.  Messages intended for
Members of Congress should be sent directly to the appropriate
Member of Congress at their electronic mail or postal address.

UPDATES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

         From time to time, you may want to send another e-mail message
to CONGRESS@HR.HOUSE.GOV to see the most recent version of the list of
Members and Committees using Constituent Electronic Mail.  The
information is also available on the U.S. House of Representatives'
Gopher server at

        GOPHER.HOUSE.GOV

in the folder Congressional Information.

       To learn more about information available electronically from the
House, send an e-mail message to

        HOUSEHLP@HR.HOUSE.GOV

        Thank you again for contacting the House of Representatives'
Constituent Electronic Mail System.  We are excited about the
possibilities that e-mail has to offer, and will be working hard to
bring more Members on-line and to expand our services.

        This message will be updated as necessary.

                Honorable  Charlie Rose (D-NC)
                Chairman
                Committee on House Administration

Thread