1994-09-13 - Alleged RC4 source code (message header only)

Header Data

From: sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us (Bill Sommerfeld)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5af5269ca968b752ebb3f254a7fdbd0d4271ecbde9ed504e86364e9bdb2856eb
Message ID: <199409131532.LAA00655@orchard.medford.ma.us>
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Sep 94 08:42:14 PDT

Raw message

From: sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us (Bill Sommerfeld)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 94 08:42:14 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Alleged RC4 source code (message header only)

In case any of you had filtered this one out based purely
on sender and subject, I've enclosed the *headers* of the message and
its first paragraph.

The message also contained two source files, "rc4.h" and "rc4.c",
implementing a stream cypher which is based on incremental shuffling
of a permutation of the numbers 0..255, and seems to be fairly
well-suited for efficient implementation in software.  For obvious
reasons, I'm not including the source files here.

------
    Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 22:11:49 -0500
    To: cypherpunks@toad.com
    From: nobody@jpunix.com
    Subject: Thank you Bob Anderson
    Remailed-By: remailer@jpunix.com
    Sender: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com

    SUBJECT:  RC4 Source Code

    I've tested this.  It is compatible with the RC4 object module
    that comes in the various RSA toolkits.
------

Thread