1994-09-16 - privacy in Unix environment

Header Data

From: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5b97dc95ad9cf49d9b8b50dbf1cbe242a502d586b97fe55bfe52dd5d6ed9a7ed
Message ID: <199409160307.UAA29221@netcom6.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 20:07:49 PDT

Raw message

From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 20:07:49 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: privacy in Unix environment

Hello everyone, here is a question well suited for the c'punks.
I'm looking for some kind of utility that will allow script files
to be run, to spawn off processes, but will wipe out environment
and "ps" info from being read. i.e. imagine that the commands
being called must shield their arguments and environment from
the "ps" command run on a system. the ideal program would let
me run csh scripts but make all the unix commands called
(sort, grep, whatever) invisible to other users on my local
system.

can it be done?

note: I am aware of the trick of using symbolic links to hide
command names.

tx.
bye

Thread