1994-09-20 - Sendmail hacking (was (fwd) “Will You Be a Terrorist?”)

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
To: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Message Hash: 63869a29315a5396c8bc8e5ad9203a670ee5f2c5b3d3cb436e2c0bc8533681b3
Message ID: <199409200053.UAA03564@bwh.harvard.edu>
Reply To: <9409192336.AA15969@ah.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-20 00:53:37 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 19 Sep 94 17:53:37 PDT

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 94 17:53:37 PDT
To: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Subject: Sendmail hacking (was (fwd) "Will You Be a Terrorist?")

| Admittedly, sendmail.cf hacking is not for the light of heart.  I've
| appended a little tutorial I wrote a few months ago on how to do this.
| The only correction I have on rereading is that version 8 sendmail
| doesn't use frozen configuration files.

While Eric's way of doing things works, I reccomend asking your
systems manager to look at installing procmail as the Mlocal agent.
Its easy to do, and provides everyone with procmail support without
needing a .forward.  (Procmail is a mail processing agent that allows
you to sort your mail based on criterion of your choice.)

Adam

Thread