1994-09-21 - Re: Laws Outside the U.S.

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
To: cyber1@io.org (Cyber City)
Message Hash: 7803a552903e0c2caf46ba4390226a10afec9e9aff91a43b373ed6faed97ab81
Message ID: <199409211905.PAA28277@bwface.bwh.harvard.edu>
Reply To: <199409211745.NAA10360@nudge.io.org>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-21 19:06:18 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 21 Sep 94 12:06:18 PDT

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 94 12:06:18 PDT
To: cyber1@io.org (Cyber City)
Subject: Re: Laws Outside the U.S.

| The French company BULL makes a nice encrypting laptop computer, called
| "Sub Rosa", which is used by Canada's Department of national revenue
| auditors.

	It should be mentioned that when you buy a complete solution
from a company, you need to trust them.  Bull is not entwined with the
government; it is an arm of the government for all intents and
purposes.  The French intelligence agencies have a long history of
economic espionage.

	I am amazed that the Canadian Dept of Revenue would want the
French government to read all its secrets.

Adam

Thread