1994-09-09 - Re: CONTROL FREAKS

Header Data

From: cactus@bb.com (L. Todd Masco)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 89b6f7296bc122c1590954adef417be3ca18aec9539c61144d5189cac624bf31
Message ID: <34qpd0$mb@bb.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.87.9409091434.A20129-0100000@crl2.crl.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-09 22:55:28 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 15:55:28 PDT

Raw message

From: cactus@bb.com (L. Todd Masco)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 94 15:55:28 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: CONTROL FREAKS

To try to cool the flames a bit...

In article <Pine.3.87.9409091434.A20129-0100000@crl2.crl.com>,
Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com> wrote:
>Come on, Jim, you've been arguing that totalitarians can ignore
>economics.  Answer my questions.  How long did the "Thousand Year
>Reich" last?  What totalitarian states can you name that have had
>any legs at all?  There are none.

I think the point isn't that totalitarian states won't last: we know
that.  The point is that those trying to establish a totalitarian
state can do a hell of a lot of damage to the rest of us before they
fail.
--
L. Todd Masco  | "Hide, witch, hide!  The good folk come to burn thee, their
cactus@bb.com  |  keen enjoyment hid behind a gothic mask of duty." -JS/BATE

Thread