1994-09-01 - Re: OFFSHORE DIGITAL BANKS

Header Data

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
To: jya@pipeline.com (John Young)
Message Hash: a02399aaceaa43e4b9837daf7c63f2ac2245302f97cf97b724bc85b8923183a1
Message ID: <199408312308.QAA02504@netcom16.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199408312231.SAA23437@pipe1.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-01 00:23:55 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 17:23:55 PDT

Raw message

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 17:23:55 PDT
To: jya@pipeline.com (John Young)
Subject: Re: OFFSHORE DIGITAL BANKS

John Young writes:

(quoting me)

> >of the  U.S.S.R. as a superpower, the world is
> >"unipolar" in terms of real  superpower force. The U.S.
> >can throw its weight around, encouraging  compliance
> >with U.S. polices in most areas. Everything from
> >abortion  policy to banking secrecy laws to key
> >escrow.
> >
> >(I'm not saying the U.S. threatens force against, say,
> >Luxembourg or  Italy, just that the pressures to go
> >along with the U.S. New World  Order are strong.
>
> Tim, would you expand the link to crypto of unipolar
> superpower?

I'm not sure what John wants me to expand on here. Others have noted
the same sorts of things. Here are some random, brief points:

* U.S. is only remaining superpower. Soviet weapons disintegrating,
rusting, becoming impossible to use. Soviet non-nuke weapons also
declining. (Gulf War outcome.)

* U.S. law enforcement (FBI, DEA, CIA, NSA) throws weight around with
Interpol, with Latin America (War on Drugs, Peru, Columbia, etc.), FBI
Director Louis Freeh travels to Russia to coordinate. Russia, flat on
its back, naturally acquiesces.

* U.S. tells the U.N. when to jump and how high. Only concession is
that tell them how high in "meters" instead of in feet. Hence the
rumblings from U.N. about Haiti invasion, Rwanda, Somalia, Cuba, etc.
(In case of Haiti, no foreign aggression, so this is an unheard of
extension of the charter.)

* U.S. policy on birth control--which swings from one side to the
other--is rammed down throat of other nations, via sanctions, aid,
etc.

* U.S. sits astride the world. U.S. orders the invasion of countries
whose leaders it dislikes.

(Lest I sound like a leftist, I'm not. I'm just seeing the full
flowering of the American imperialist state, spreading its form of
totalitarian government to other nations.)

Is this enough of an expansion?

--Tim May

tcmay@netcom.com       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero