1994-09-12 - Re: reputation credit 1-3

Header Data

From: macorp!moonlight!ken@uu4.psi.com (Ken Landaiche)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: acf12259f5e95d28b41c732ebac7eff4acba4d5e20ec17ce26c23c5f85927072
Message ID: <9408310328.AA02830@moonlight.noname>
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Sep 94 15:46:00 PDT

Raw message

From: macorp!moonlight!ken@uu4.psi.com (Ken Landaiche)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 94 15:46:00 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: reputation credit 1-3

In my varied experience with performance appraisals, I have found that
one person's "respect 50%" is another person's "respect 90%". Collecting
reputation endorsements from many people would have to include this wide
margin of error. In practice, when the reputation system reached critical
mass, it would develop a norm for how much to trust the average respect
number. In fact, the stabilization of this reputation norm is one
criterion for reaching the critical mass.

Ken

Thread