1994-09-26 - Re: TIS, SKE, & CyberCash Inc.

Header Data

From: jdblair@phoenix.sas.muohio.edu (John Blair)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b4df66581c36b13f6a6c8b6e78b95eec6bb428a11d04b1e106ea45229cd1ad0c
Message ID: <9409261923.AA21412@phoenix.sas.muohio.edu>
Reply To: <01HHKJS55WLU00JQ0Z@PASCAL.ACM.ORG>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-26 19:23:48 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 26 Sep 94 12:23:48 PDT

Raw message

From: jdblair@phoenix.sas.muohio.edu (John Blair)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 94 12:23:48 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: TIS, SKE, & CyberCash Inc.

> Tim May writes:
>
> >  I think we're somewhere in between, with some frightening laws on the
> >  horizon (look at the War on Drugs, civil forfeiture, tax laws,
> >  currency reporting requirements, health care proposals, etc.), but
>
> No Joke. From what I hear, the feds are about to close on of the
> loopholes in currency reporting by extending the reporting requirments
> to wire transfers

An article in todays WSJ describes these new requirements in more
detail.  Organizations must now record all wire transfers, and report
suspicious transactions to the feds.

-john.

John Blair: <jdblair@nextsrv.cas.muohio.edu> | this space for rent...
voice: (513) 529-3980                        |
Unix System Administrator, Juggler           |
Student of Interdisciplinary Studies         |     (finger me for PGP key)

Thread