1994-09-08 - Re: AIDs testing and privacy

Header Data

From: alano@teleport.com (Alan Olsen)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: be89ce77ee21ba194d16516f908df1f23e55023082d15e8a87119ae3d7ee11f2
Message ID: <199409080456.VAA22359@teleport.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 7 Sep 94 21:56:50 PDT

Raw message

From: alano@teleport.com (Alan Olsen)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 94 21:56:50 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: AIDs testing and privacy

>Obviously, privacy is more important in a totalitarian society but those
>sorts of social arrangements have become less likely since markets would
>largely prevent their development.  Capital flight and punishingly high
>interest rates would squash any developed country that tried the
>totalitarian route these days.  They couldn't afford it.

The nature of control freaks is that they ignore the actual costs of their
actions.  Is the government actually concerned with the true costs of
installing monitoring devices into every phone switch in the country?  Do
they really think of the financial costs associated every little decision
designed to control our lives?  The true concern is *POWER*.  How they can
get it, how they can keep it, and how they can extend their grasp into more
and more of your/mine/everyone's lives.

What must be determined is how to identify control freaks and what to do
with/to them when you find them.
|"I would call him a Beastialic Sadomasochistic   | alano@teleport.com   |
|Necrophile but that would be beating a dead      | Disclaimer:          |
|horse." -- Teriyaki (What's up Tiger Lily?)      | As if anyone cares!  |

Thread